Monday 10 December 2007

Appreciate me, I appreciate you



Titi said...
I just posted my comment here coz i didn't know where else to post it. I love you blog a lot!!! Question: how do you keep up with all these trends without burning a hole in your pockets. Also, I am in love with African classy styles but I have no idea where to find them, can you please recommend?????

08 DECEMBER 2007 16:00

I get so excited to see people with interest in FT fashion and to titi, I'd like to say thank you for visiting Finishing Touches. I'd first like to ask where you are? Reason being if you are in Tanzania I would say, look for the best dress maker and Congolese men are very good tailors as far as I have experienced. My mum's in particular can follow any design you give him, unfortunately he is traveling so much that my plan of actually making him available to you (meaning finishing touches African Design lovers) has had to be put back until I am able to get someone else who I know can do as good a job. My advice for now, try different tailors and you'll get the best one!!

In case you are in the west,  I have found Nigerian people would know someone who makes clothes like these. I'm in UK, and I used to make my African-Western inspired clothes from this Nigerian Designer called Aria. She had beautiful clothes but I found they suit the older generation (i.e. My mother) and I wanted to wear all new trends so i asked her if her tailor would make my designs and they did. Unfortunately, as every career oriented woman (i'm a graphic designer as well as work in medical publishing), I became busy and lost contact and found that she had moved. Since then, i have found this beautiful boutique called Sika (pictured) located in these areas:

LADEN SHOWROOM
103 Brick Lane
London
E1 6SE
Tel: 020 7247 2431

EQUA
28 Camden Passage
Islington
N1
Tel: 0207 359 0955

CHICA
Westbury Mall
Dublin 2
Ireland
Tel: 00353 87921 4441

PIECES
671 Vanderbilt Ave.
Brooklyn
New York
NY 11238
USA

FRECHE
3145 Peachtree Rd. NE
Buckhead
Atlanta
GA 30305
USA

They are a bit pricey so they will burn a hall on your pocket but they are totally worth it!!

You also asked about following fashion and if it puts a hall in my pocket, well i have this strategy which I have found works sometimes!! When i find something that I know I truelly want but it can wait, I save up for it till I get it. Obviously fashion doesn't wait for you so other ways are to buy the same style but cheaper. If you like anything in the site let me know what it is and I will try my best to let you know where you can purchase it whether in UK or USA!! As for those in Tanzania, Finishing Touches is coming very soon...I am in the process of finalising everything!!

I hope I have been helpful to you..and keep visiting finishing touches.

No comments: