Friday 20 July 2007

Why Thick Madames??


Ok, so I received a question from someone who would like to know why I call plus sized women thick madames. I always thought the better word is plus sized but I was watching Phat Girlz with Monique the plus sized actress who wrote the book 'skinny bitches are evil,' It was about an insecure plus sized woman who never thought she could get anywhere in life with her size till she met this handsome man whom she almost pushed away because she never believed anyone that handsome could love her. The handsome man explained to her that in Nigeria, thick women are seen as more beautiful or wealthier which I am sure people in Africa know this. And these women are referred to as 'Thick Madames' which refers to a beautiful, satisfied, wealthy, plus sized woman in Nigeria. This really intrigued me and that's where thick madames came from.

No comments: