Tuesday 21 August 2012

Where have I been - Easy Wear

Hi Guys, it has been a long time but I am keeping on with adventures as usual. I strive for new excitements in my life everyday. There was a day I was not bothered to choose what to wear and/or style, I just wanted to put a dress/top/jumpsuit... and go and look effortlessly chic.

I've been drawing since I can remember and as everyone knows I am very eu naturalle person and very effortless chic. I started looking for different types of Fabrics that are light, colourful and unique (not used around with any designer). I found these Malaysian fabrics worn by Maasai mostly and did the one dress and wore it and I got so many great reviews that I started making them for exhibitions only. What I realised was that the ones that the Maasai wear are not long lasting and tear easily, until I found the better quality I said I shall not rest. I did and tested washing in different ways. I love this fabric.

Easy Wear thus was born and I love it. It is however not limited to this fabric only, I also make from other senegalese fabrics and found ways that no one could think I could. This weekend we joined the DFF Fashion to launch FT Easy Wear. I also donated a very cool designed shirt dress made out of the senegalese fabric (not in picture) that was bought on the spot and I am glad the money went to a good cause (Hassan Majaar Foundation).

It was a different experience for me as I do not like spotlights at anytime or day, i love my work to speak for itself. Since I moved to this country I have learned privacy is not a given if you keep a spotlight wherever you go. I love my independence and privacy. 

I had fun, it was something different that I am not sure I'll ever do again but lets see where the future takes us Inshallah!







photos source: M.P and Viwalo : )

No comments: