Saturday 7 April 2012

R.I.P. Kanumba


Tanzania woke up with a huge shock this morning that one of the biggest actors, Steven Kanumba has died. At a young age, I am not going to say gone too soon because to God there's no such thing.

His time has come and God has decided to take his soul no matter what the cause of it is.

Kanumba is one of the Actors/Director who made Tanzanian Movie industry known in Africa and around the world. What I am amazed with is the fact that he never let anything even his grammatical errors when it comes to speaking English over shadow him. He would just speak as though if you noticed it's your own problem man.

I am not such a big fan of TZ movies (even though my grandmother has made a couple that I am proud of, Yes I have a very energetic and business minded grandmother who never tires to amaze me). However I have watched a couple and the most prominent person has been this man right here.

The other notable part about Kanumba is his style, this is the only person who has been proud to wear silk sheer shirts and colourful suits without care.

For all this I salut him and  I remind Tanzania that the best thing is to pray for his soul and remember only Allah knows when we will depart.

Rest In Peace Mr. Kanumba.

No comments: