Sunday 12 February 2012

Learning to Love yourself...




This song got me through times when I felt lower than I should. It's my mother's favourite song, she once called me at 5am and said, "kimami, just listen to Greatest love of all by Whitney Houston for me then call me back." 

When I finished listening to each words, I found myself bawling, tears dripping down like I just realised something that was the best and I should have been doing a long time ago. I called my mum and just said, "I love you mama." and she understood, didn't have to say anything else. From that day on words, I decided that learning to love myself is the greatest love of all.  It has made me a strong and a confident woman. 

So this morning I woke up and saw 'Whitney Houston found dead', and that was the first thing that came to mind. 

Actually the first song that made me fall in love with this woman was 'Dance with Somebody,' my mum and I would dance like her. My mum was as skinny as Whitney so she would say, ' enzi zetu, we used to dance like that' and pull me out of the chair to copy her moves since then I loved whitney. 

A lost soul in the last decade she was really, but her music has lived on as if she doesn't exist and so many of us had high hopes of her getting to where she was.

I dedicate this post to the woman who stuck those words, 'learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all.'


Rest in Peace Ms. Houston <3

Love,

FT.

No comments: