Tuesday 12 April 2011

How to take care of your hair when exercising?

Since I got back into exercising (treadmill, walking, swimming and yoga), i just can't keep up with styling my hair anymore as sweat spoils everything and chlorine is another mission all in itself. The damage causes a bigger risk to breakage. I don't like that  since I am on mission grow my hair back to bra length. So when I found this article on my favourite online mag C & C, I just had to share... sharing is caring afterall or is it caring is sharing  : )



Use Dry Shampoo

For those days when you’re pressed for time or it’s not time for a traditional wash use a dry shampoo to get the job done. Dry shampoo soaks up oil, grease and dirt, without stripping hair, and it’s a quick option for clean hair. Just apply and comb it out! Tip: Corn mill is awesome when used as a dry shampoo!

Keep Moisturizer in Your Gym Bag

Even after breaking a seat, your hair needs a moisture boost. Use a leave-in conditioner or daily hair moisturizer after a dry shampoo. Focus on coating the tips of your hair to replenish dryness.

Wear a Headband


I learned this tip the hard way after leaving spinning class with a sleek ponytail and an afro-puff that was once sleek side-swept bangs. Protect your hair line by wearing a cotton headband to absorb perspiration and protect your roots from frizz. Tip: You can use a satin scarf as a headband by folding it, so that it has a width of about two inches and tying is around your head.

Ditch that Pony for a Bun

Since you sweat in your scalp, keeping your hair far away from your scalp and skin will help reduce the amount of sweat that hits your ends and disrupts your style. A pony with a headband is a great style to prevent your look from becoming a total mess.

No comments: