Tuesday 15 March 2011

Comfort Zone


Your comfort Zone is that SMALL space you feel you can be who you are. And many of us find it very hard to get out of that small box you call comfort zone. Out of fear of rejection from the outside, sometimes it's just the fear of not knowing what to do, or where to start once you are out there.

Comfort Zone, that warm space you can cosy up and feel so free to be whatever you want to be despite of what people will think because at the end of the day those people know you.

How many of us, spend everyday trying to get out of our comfort zone and end up wasting a day procrastinating on whether you should get out of that comfort zone or not. Raise your hands up, I just did! I do that a lot when it comes to approaching people, in the end it takes courage.

When it comes to my work, I always go out of the box and make sure it is excellent. You see, I am a strong believer in let the work speak for itself. But then again, is that enough in Africa? it maybe enough in the western world but here you have to add the talk with the walk. You will find a lot of people who have the talk and less of the walk will move further forward than those who let their work speak for itself.

One of the reason is, most believe in cost consciousness in making any decision, I add corruption to this. Quality takes hard work to be bought and the right people with a lot of challenges.

We experience it everywhere around us in Tanzania, My husband and I have own Advertising, Digital media agency and we also do printing. On the side as you know I have FT Boutique and on the side my hubby is a DJ. These are our passions and we work hard. I believe when it comes to fashion for me and music for my husband, we always get out of our comfort zone. Nothing less than perfection we will provide and it always hurts more when there's a little hitch.

When it comes to our daily creative jobs we always meet with these quantity before quality minded individuals, is it that they are afraid of getting out of their comfort zone. To be taught to purchase quality! Yet again, my conscious tells me I for one have an excellent skill in staying in my comfort zone. : ) So who am I to say...

Love FT.

No comments: