Monday 5 October 2009

Guess Who's Back...Again!

Hey Ladies,

Sorry i've been so quiet... I must say a week away from you all, is not a complete week. So anyways, I came back from London last Tuesday. I missed the last day of fashion week but loved attending Fashion weekend. Bought a lot of-course for you benefit soon. That was Wednesday, then I spent saturday from 7am cruising London, I started off with Selfridges... for my favourites Krispy Kreme donughts toffee glazed wasn't available so I bought one with sprinkles, only for the guy to offer me one with chocolate and toffee glaze and it was yummy! Bought all I needed from there and headed to one of my favourite places in London for weekends Portobello mmh... I love that place, antique buying is heart filling and this is how it went
So by this time it was already 8am... I found this homeless, disabled Jamaican guy playing the can/tin (i don't remember what it's called) and everyone was enjoying his music and leaving money. It got me thinking, looking at how much disabled people in TZ beg for money instead of working for it. But this guy made my day, he used his talent to get money... and everyone has a talent no matter disabled or not
I moved on down and found these Lebanese singers really enjoying the morning, it was so much fun. For those who don't know Portobello rd. is in Notting Hill where the movie Notting Hill was made and if you are lucky you might meet Kate Moss who lives close to there and loves to explore.
Then I saw heaven on earth... I am a cupcake lover and I had been craving a cupcake, Humming Bird is my favourite bakery they make heavenly cakes and cupcakes... I wish there was a place like that in Tanzania.
So I bought myself a velvet cake... and oh my God it was like I was flying up in cloud 9, slowly licking the cream making sure not to even miss a tiny little drop. I spent half of the day there... and bought an antique camera and lots of fun goodies
Then I had to go to Harvey Nichols over at Knightsbridge, near Harrods and I absolutely fell in love with the creativity used in this Visual merchandising. I love creative people ; )
Exquisite

This is my favourite
I then joined my mum at Westfields, the biggest mall in London and found this store visual merchandising also quite enticing. My inspiration came back a live...

With the over use of brand names, I found the name of this store absolutely clever cuz you will always remember and they had some cutting edge style too. Ofcourse at the end of that day my shoulders were in pain from carrying too many bags as my mum had the driver. One thing you have to know about me is, I love to shop alone, I hate it when people start giving me their opinions unless otherwise needed. And I've done my best shopping when shopping alone and enjoy it. People that know me always say, wow I'm glad I left you alone whenever they see what I bought. I guess I always have to have that close eye for that finishing touch to everything.

No comments: