Wednesday 19 August 2009

Same difference



When I saw this Dawn Okoro painting I just had to share it. It describes exactly how I feel right now, with a heavy heart that's all over the place yet still can manage to look just presentable. I've cut my hair that short and same style too after having it longer than shoulder length for almost all my life. You see after a long time of working hard on something I truly loved, I realized letting it go is the best thing. I tried so hard to even turn to the likes not the love. I say love is just an emotion created by the mind. I opened up to someone, you know those times you just need a shoulder to cry on and there's just one person that's always been a 'what if'. Yeah well in the most vulnerable times that is when you will be taken advantage of the most. And this is what I learned the most, It's not such a bad idea to concentrate on you and just be with yourself until you are ready to really let the best come in to your life. I decided since then, I am going to use the whole of the holy month to learn to be with me.

So ladies, even in fashion if you've always gotten your inspiration from someone and that person is no longer around. Instead of trying to find someone else immediately to inspire your style which can go terribly wrong just learn to find your own style. Wake up in the morning and ask yourself, How do I feel today? Then think about what is in your wardrobe that will fit that mood. Just make sure whatever it is even if you wake up feeling like never waking up again use your clothing to brighten your day. You never know you might wear something that as soon as you open the door someone will say, 'wow, you look nice.' Believe that will lift something inside and you'll feel better.

Find the person within, but brightening the feeling within can be helped by the finishing touches in the outside! If you know what I mean.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY GAL ITS ME THE GAL WHO IS ALWAYS INSPIRED BY YOU....LOL.I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED YO BLOG....AM TOUCHED BY WAT YO GOIN THRU MUST BE HARD BUT I HAVE THIS BIG TRUST IN U THAT YO "STRONG",YO STORY IS SOMEHOW LIKE MINE IT TOOK TOO LONG FOR ME TO LET GO BUT IMMEDIATELY I REALISED I HAD TO, I DECIDED TO RUN..YET I KNOW DEEP DOWN I STILL LOVE THIS MAN...BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT MAYBE IT WILL NEVER WORK OUT...PERIOD
RAFIKI I HAVE A QSTN..I LOVE ART WITH ALL MY HEART,THE INTERIORS,FASHION,EVENT PLANNING AND ALL AND I KNOW WE SHARE A LOT...I WAS WONDERING IF YOU KNOW ANY GOOD SCHOOLS OUT THERE WHERE I CAN DO ONLINE ART STUDIES,AND WHETHER ITS REALLY POSIBLE TO DO ART STUDIES ONLINE CONSIDERING THE PRACTISES AND ALL...CURRENTLY I LIVE IN DAR.MWAH
LULU SHANTE.

Unknown said...

Hi Lulu,

Ooh thank you for this heart warming comment! I appreciate it a lot. Yes sometimes we human beings find it so hard to let go but there comes a time we have to accept it eyi!

Anyway in regards to online Art studies, I dont recall any at the moment however I will try to get something for you as soon as.

Thanks for the support.

and keep coming back to FT.

luv FT!

Anonymous said...

thanks ft...luv ya,in touch will b kept lols
cheers