Saturday 21 July 2007

Western meets Africa

Ok so today, I've got mama africa all over me!!I've been browsing and most of the people in my country do not embrace their African culture. I am proud of the way Western Africans embrace their culture and by this I mean they take western fashion and use their own fabrics to create clothes to shoes to bags and to tell you the truth, it looks beautiful. My passion and goal is to open my own boutique, it will be funky, have style and embrace my culture in a totally different way than people are used to....but till then I can keep praying!!I can do textiles but I seem to have no time here in London, and getting a tailor is too expensive so when I go back to Tanzania I take all my best buys and our family tailor makes it and you'll never know and the good thing is you'll never find it anywhere else because my tailor doesn't work for anyone else but us ok my mum. Anyway here are some beautiful creations that I found!!
Omototola (Actress), has decided she likes the now trendy long and flowy dresses but she used African Fabric to make it and she looks beautiful!!
Another young and beautiful creation
When I wear skirts, I love for them to be long and flowy and this is beautiful
Why not use african lasce to create this beautiful attire

Yes, Made by using African Lace
West plus Africa come together
This is soo cute and I can definitely see myself in it
And why not accessorise your western dress with a finishing touch from home, She looks beautiful. I wish I could do those head wraps as beautifully, I really like that look!!
Beautiful maiden

You can make tops to go with your jeans
Yes, clutches can be made fromAfrican clothing and many more
Ohh woww I want this shoe, these are the kind of things you'll see at my shop
Nice with skinny jeans
I would, would you??

Ok so if you don't want the whole fabric why not accessorise
A beach bag is a nice touch in African Fabric
An Idea, why not take these cute summer dresses and make them using african fabrics...you'd look equally as cute!!
Have a lovely weekend my Princes and Princesses...don't ever forget to keep visit finishing touches!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do have beautifully sewn african clothes and accessories like handbags, earings etc They only problem is where they are sold. You find them in curio shops, au dusty Mwenge Arts and Crafts and the mentality out here is that only tourists vist these shops. If such beautiful clothes were sold in a boutique with all the classy interior decor and marketing gimmicks you find in boutiques I am sure a lot of us would be attracted. Karibu ujaribu!

Anonymous said...

I do like all those stuff. They are great! I bet they are all from Nigeria or South Africa. Watu wanajua ku design.